TrustWorks is part of a vibrant community, where individuals share many skills and talents to make a difference. We benefit from the research-driven LIFE Study, which identifies many gaps in services in the community–and spotlights agencies that have helped transform our culture. Some of the agencies who have joined the TrustWorks such as LEAVEN and Community Clothes Closet provide mission-driven programming that truly helps transform clients into empowered community members. These agencies help us forge empowerment-based connections that showcase how each of us has valuable skills we can share…and we can all always benefit from others’ offers.
In addition to the in-person connections created between timebank users happening in the Fox Cities, there are interrelationships of all shapes and sizes happening. Learn more about the theory and practice by browsing through some of these links.
- Looking for an up-front overview? Read through Timebanking 101.
- This TED talk by Edgar Cahn, the founder of TimeBanks USA, spotlights the paradigm shift that happens when we start thinking of our time as a powerful form of currency.
- The hOurworld site provides a lot of information about how to share your time–and why!
- Timebanks can strengthen community connections in surprising ways. Check out this project.
- The Dane County timebank has tackled some big projects, described here.
- This article in the Huffington Post shows how timebanks increase resiliency and improve connections.
- Resilience matters–and social networks help build it. Check out this article for more.